The official website of the TV anime adaptation of Natsume Akatsuki and Kurone Mishima’s Kono Subarashii
Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) light novel series has announced that a brand new anime project has been green lit. Details about the format of the new project were not revealed.
The project announcement was also made live on the HiBiKi radio program by voice actor Jun Fukushima (Yoshihisa Manabe Kotoura-san) and voice actress Rie Takahashi (Akane Uchida in Shirobako), who voice Kazuma Satou and Megumin in the anime respectively.
Here is an English subtitled capture of the radio broadcast announcement:
The production staff of the anime includes:
- Director: Takaomi Kanasaki (Tokyo Ravens, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
- Series Composer: Makoto Uezu (School Days, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
- Anime Character Designer: Koichi Kikuta (Seitokai Yakuindomo and Robotics;Notes Animation Director)
- Art Director: Masakazu Miyake (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Kamisama Dolls)
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online)
- Animation Studio: Studio Deen (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rurouni Kenshin)
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!) is a fantasy adventure light novel series written by Natsume Akatsuki and illustrated by Kurone Mishima. The series began in October 2013 being published under Kadokawa Shoten’s Sneaker Bunko imprint, where a total of 10 volumes have been produced to date, topping 2 million sales in print. A spin-off light novel series titled Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen o! is also being produced alongside the parent novel, with 3 volumes to date. A manga adaptation is currently being serialized in Fujimi Shobo’s Monthly Dragon Age magazine. The series received an anime adaptation during the Winter 2015/2016 anime season and a second season in the Winter 2016/2017 anime season. Both seasons were directed by Takaomi Kanasaki (Tokyo Ravens, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) and produced by Studio Deen (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Rurouni Kenshin).