The official website of the upcoming anime adaptation of Eto Mori’s DIVE!! light novel series has revealed that the series will premiere on Fuji TV on July 7th. In addition, a new visual, the main cast, promotional video, and streaming details were also revealed.
The first episode of the DIVE!! anime will premiere on Friday, July 7th at 12:55am JST on Fuji TV during their Noitamina animation block. The anime will also be available online via streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime Video. The first episode will release on Amazon Prime a day earlier than the broadcast on July 5th at 12:00am, (effectively July 6), with every episode thereafter on Fridays at 3:00am JST.
DIVE!! is a sports bishonen light novel series written by Eto Mori. There are a total of 4 volumes of the novel that were published by Kodansha from 2005 till 2007. Following the novel, Mori produced a manga adaptation of the series alongside artist Masahiro Ikeno. The manga ran from 2007 until 2008 for a total of 5 compiled volumes, under Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine. The series also inspired a live action film adaptation in 2008.
Here is the series synopsis
The series revolves around the Mizuki Diving Club (MDC), which is on the verge of closing down after having financial troubles. The club’s new coach persuades the club’s parent company to stay open on one condition: that the club sends one of its members to next year’s olympics as part of Japan’s olympic team.
The main cast of the anime was revealed alongside the first set of characters designs:
- Yuuki Kaji (Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan) who will voice the main character Tomoki Sakai
- Takahiro Sakurai (Suzaku Kururugi in Code Geass) as Youichi Fujitani
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Kyousuke Kousaka in Oreimo) will star as Shibuki Okitsu
- Ryota Ohsaka (Sugane Tachibana from Gatchaman Crowds) voices Ryo Ohira
- Kouki Uchiyama (Seiya Kanie from Amagi Brilliant Park) is voicing Reiji Maruyama
- Kaori Nazuka (Miyu Edelfelt from Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya) will be voicing Kayoko Asaki
- Tomokazu Sugita (Gintoki Sakata from Gintama) voicing the role of Atsuhiko Yamada
The leading members of the production staff include:
- Director: Kaoru Suzuki (Hellsing, Pupipo!)
- Script Supervisor and Series Composer: Touko Machida (Lucky☆Star, Kore wa Zombie desu ka?)
- Original Character Designer: Suzuhito Yasuda (Durarara!!, DanMachi)
- Anime Character Designer and Chief Animation Director: Miyako Yatsu (Chu-Bra!!, Rose O’Neill Kewpie)
- Music Composer: Yuuki Hayashi (Haikyuu!!, Boku no Hero Academia)
- Animation Studio: ZERO-G (Battery, Piace: Watashi no Italian)
A brand new promotional video for the anime has been released, introducing the cast and characters:
Here is the first promotional video for DIVE!!:
The DIVE!! TV anime adaptation will begin its broadcast from Friday, July 7th at 12:55am JST on Fuji TV, during the Summer 2017 anime season. Additional information about the series will be revealed at a later date.